Early Childhood Lead Instructor, Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
EARLY CHILDHOOD LEAD INSTRUCTOR
Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Lead Instructor for pre-kindergarten (ages 4-5) students. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The Lead Instructor is responsible for using best practice models for literacy and child development to plan and lead instruction for a daily pre-kindergarten for 20 -25 hours per week (instruction and prep time included). Programming is scheduled during the school year, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 12:30 pm-3 pm and the instructor would be responsible to develop the lessons for approximately 12-16 children on a daily basis.
The position is available immediately. At that time, instruction and prep hours would be scheduled to total 20-25 hours weekly.
• Develop and implement age-appropriate, critical & engaging curriculum for instruction to children ages 4-5 that is responsive to their needs & our mission
• Work one-on-one and/or in small groups with children so that there are multiple ways of learning to engage the children in the educational process
• Ability to work cooperatively with parents, volunteers, & staff
• Implement positive discipline and classroom management structure for program
A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
Bachelor degree in Education or related field and two (2) years’ experience teaching. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via mail or e-mail to:
Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
900 E. Howell Street, Philadelphia, PA 19149
- Project Manager – Direct Care Worker Training Initiative
- Young Quakers Community Athletics Boys Lacrosse Coach
- Language Access Program Manager, Office of Immigrant Affairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.