Civic/Community Engagement Conference
Posted by on January 12, 2009
You are invited to submit a proposal for the Civic/Community Engagement Conference on Service-Learning, Community Service and Civic Engagement initiatives between higher education institutions and K-16 schools, students, and/or related-agencies/program. The Conference will be held on March 14, 2009 with a Pre Conference on March 13, 2009, at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, SC. Co-sponsored by Coastal Carolina University and South Carolina Campus Compact.
Through 50-minute thematic sessions and poster displays, presenters are asked to share their programs, projects, research or best practices in improving student success of K-16 students by increasing the graduation rate.
Special showcase sessions will highlight programs in the state that reach out and make a difference in the lives of K-16 students and provide services or support to assist those students to reach or obtain higher education. Those special showcase sessions will be part of a competitive grant opportunity to provide monetary support to assist with the creation and operation of a theme-related conference/workshop in their community.
Each Mind-Trust Delegate receives:
* $5,000 seed grant to assist with the creation and operation of a theme-related conference/workshop (one time grant) within two years of receiving the funding or all funds must be returned at the end of the two year period
Each Mind-Trust Delegate must submit:
* Follow-up year – report on progress, report on conference/workshop, expenditures – presentation on conference/workshop
* Digital photos and/or video of conference/workshop events and speakers to be used at the annual conference or for promotional purposes
For more information please contact Deborah Kephart at 843-349-2665 or BiddleCenter@coastal.edu.
Pre Conference Session – March 13, 2009
The opening conference session is for representatives across the state (Mind-Trust Delegates) who have been identified as leaders in civic engagement efforts or have programs that impact student success in K-16 from a societal and/or higher education perspective. Delegates are identified by various statewide groups, organizations, and/or agencies (i.e. Campus Compact, State department, State higher education agency, U.S. Department of Education, etc.).
PROPOSAL FORM: http://www.coastal.edu/cec/conference/proposals.html
- 2021 Virtual PA STEM Symposium – May 4-6
- 9th Annual Summer Institute in Digital Literacy – July 11-16
- Call for Creative Submissions: Sustainable Lehigh Valley Booklet
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.