Call for Proposals: University-Community Partnership Conference
Posted by on January 28, 2005
Presentation Proposals are sought for the:
BUILDING STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
Second Annual University-Community Partnership Conference
JULY 13-15, 2005
Make plans to participate in the Virginia Tech Service-Learning Center’s second annual University-Community Partnership Conference. The premier conference generated a great deal of enthusiasm, and attracted participants from five states. We look forward to building on this foundation.
Currently, we are seeking dynamic, interactive presentations that
1. Explore the Mechanics of Building Strategic Partnerships. These sessions follow a workshop format that is interactive. Topics may include negotiating objectives that bridge university and community interests; developing memorandums of agreement; sharing risk and other legal matters related to partnership development; clarifying roles and responsibilities; leveraging institutional support; or measuring success. You may specify a participation limit for a Mechanics Workshop. You may also propose a multi-session workshop.
2. Demonstrate Best Practices in Strategic Partnerships. Best practices presentations will give in-depth descriptions of working partnerships that have already achieved positive results in their communities, and will address how the partnership met and overcame challenges on the road to success.
3. Present Scholarship on Partnership. Scholarship presentations will offer participants insight into research being done on university-community partnerships, and case studies that reinforce the research findings.
RFP guidelines can be downloaded at:
Proposals due March 1, 2005. For more information, contact Michele James-Deramo, contact information below.
Outreach and International Affairs
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
202 Major Williams (0168)
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
- Call for Proposals: CUMU Learning & Sharing Virtual Series – Aug 24
- Call for Proposals: The Northeast Media Literacy Conference – Sep 7
- Virtual Event: The Big in Big Data: Breakthrough Discoveries, Disease Disparities, and Precision Medicine – Sep 8-9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.