Call for Presenters: 2006 DC Conference on Service and Leadership
Tomorrow’s Leaders Today! 2006 DC Conference on Service and Leadership
Call for Presenters
Deadline: Monday, October 2, 2006
Each year Serve DC brings together AmeriCorps members and national service program directors in a day long conference focused on enhancing their leadership skills as well as providing interactive workshop sessions on various issues impacting the District of Columbia. This year, on Thursday, November 16th, Tomorrow’s Leaders Today! 2006 DC Conference on Service and Leadership will engage over 250 AmeriCorps members, Learn and Serve America program directors, AmeriCorps program directors, Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) members, and representatives from community and faith based organizations in workshops and training academies. In addition, the event will feature the Mayor’s Community Service Awards Banquet that evening to celebrate the great works of leaders and organizations.
This year’s conference is based on three main themes: Leadership, Collaboration, and Sustainability. These themes represent the continuum of growth that leads to healthy and strong communities. These themes will be woven throughout the conference: in workshops, plenary speakers, events and materials. Speakers should be prepared to submit workshop proposals that fit into these themes.
For your presentation to be considered please include the following:
1. Call for Presenters Application
2. A brief one page or less description of your qualifications and experiences related to the topic of your presentation
3. A one to two page narrative description of the presentation as outlined below
* Overview of the content of your presentation
* Describe learner outcomes/goals of the presentation
* Describe what tools, ideas, or strategies participants will gain from the presentation
* Describe any opportunities for interaction and reflection that are part of the presentation
* Describe any hands-on activities that are part of the presentation
Please submit the completed Call for Presenter Application and the above information in a Word document via mail or email (we will not accept faxed applications).
The completed application must be received at the Serve DC office on or before Tuesday, October 2, 2006.
To obtain an application, email Natasha at email@example.com.
Natasha A. Marshall
Training and Technical Assistance Manager
Executive Office of the Mayor
441 4th St., NW
Suite 1140 North
Fax: (202) 727-9198
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.