Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities
Call for Abstracts: The Transformative Power of Anchor Institutions
Metropolitan Universities journal is accepting abstracts for Vol. 30 No. 1, Urban and Metropolitan Universities: The Transformative Power of Anchor Institutions.
This issue focuses on the role of urban and metropolitan universities as anchor institutions in their community to address long standing inequities. We invite authors to focus on a specific topic or topics listed below related to their anchor mission work.
- Innovative partnerships, including those with multisector anchor institutions and community-based organizations across various geopolitics
- Infrastructure and resourcing to support anchor mission
- Alignment of anchor mission with other strategic priorities
- Integrating anchor mission with core missions of educating the citizenry and developing new knowledge
- Addressing societal challenges (e.g., systems of oppression, social justice, race and equity)
Abstracts are due Monday, March 19, 2018.
Submissions should be prepared in accordance with the MUJ Article Submission and Editorial Guidelines and should be no more than 1000 words.
View complete details of this issue.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.