Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice
Call for Abstracts: Student Affairs: Civic and Political Engagement
The Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice (JSARP) is planning a special issue for July 2019 that will feature articles on the theme of Civic and Political Engagement.
Please use this form to submit an abstract for this special issue by October 24, 2018.
Abstracts should be limited to 500 words and describe the proposed article and which category of publication it best matches:
· Innovations in Research and Scholarship
· International Features
· Innovations in Practice
· Media Features and Reviews
In your abstract, please include the following information:
· Research purpose or question(s)
· Methodology (instrument, participants, variables, analytic techniques)
· Principle findings
· Significance to student affairs practice
Selected authors will be notified of their invitation to submit a full manuscript by December for consideration through the standard editorial board review process.
Topics for the special issue could include, but are not limited to:
· Civic literacy and development of knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential for democratic participation
· Demographic trends and challenges in civic participation and engagement
· Innovations in campus-community partnerships that support civic and political engagement
· Intersection of free expression, diversity, and inclusion
· Strategies to support individual and institutional political engagement
· Trends, responses, and support for student activism and civic action
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.