Youth Worker, Oxford Circle Christian Comm Dev Assoc
Posted by on September 03, 2012
Youth Worker, Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Last day to apply: September 12, 2012
Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Youth Worker. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The PT Youth Worker (20 hrs per week) is responsible for developing (new program), planning and implementing activities for out of school time including after school and summer for middle school age youth. The incumbent will also assist in providing referral and support services to youth and families listed in programs. Out of school time programming takes place at the following times: School year, Monday – Friday from 3:00-6:00pm; and Summer, Monday – Thursday 9:00-3:00pm for six weeks. Salary commensurate with experience.
1. Develop, plan and implement daily program activities for middle school youth based on best practice models for after school and summer programs (50%)
2. Work with volunteers/instructors assisting with daily activities (10%)
3. Develop relationships and partnerships with the participants’ parents and schools (10%)
4. Conduct home and school visits as needed (5%)
5. Develop yearly service plan for youth enrolled in programs (5%)
6. Ensure that accurate and current documentation is maintained, including applications and any case notes and/or incident reports (10%)
7. Assist 21st CCLC Out of School Coordinator and Youth Coordinator in ensuring compliance with requirements of OCCCDA and funders (5%)
8. Develop a network of social service and support agencies which provide services to community youth (5%)
A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
Associate’s degree in Education, social work, or related field and two (2) years’ experience working with youth. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via mail or e-mail to: Program Director, Oxford Circle CCDA, 900 E. Howell Street, Philadelphia, PA 19149
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
- Adult Learning Lead Instructor, Project HOME
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.