Youth Projects Assistant, Boat People SOS
Posted by BPSOS-Delaware Valley on May 4, 2015
Description: BPSOS-Delaware Valley is currently seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsible work-study student to support our various youth-related projects under our Southeast Asian Youth Empowerment Program (SEAYEP).
SEAYEP currently serves high school youth by developing and challenging their perceptions of self, society, and world by actively and critically engaging in projects within their various communities in Philadelphia. Youth are encouraged to explore different aesthetic mediums and materials, engage in philosophical exploration, and to study the social trends within and outside of their neighborhood communities.
SEAYEP Program Assistants are part of a seasonal team designed to provide high-quality and rigorous youth programming for 30-50 youth in our various school-year and summer intensive programs. The Assistants support Program Staff in the following:
- Recruit, interview, and support at least 30 Southeast Asian and other minority immigrant youth in the AYEP school-year Program
- Assess youth readiness for program referrals
- Review the quality of youth enrollment files
- Maintain filing system for youth and provider files, including payroll, timesheets, and other HR paperwork as necessary, including entering data files into proprietary database
- Organize, plan, and carry out professional development seminars for youth
- Embody and integrate excellent customer service into daily work
- Serve as an example of professionalism
- Travel to worksites throughout the city of Philadelphia
- Assist in the development of curricula and program schedules.
- Implement curricula and lead youth through multi-media projects during the duration of the 6 week program; see youth through the completion of their Journey Home community assessment and documentaries
- Translation of brochures, flyers, and pamphlets of information as needed
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Bilingual in Vietnamese/English preferred
- Access to transportation preferred
- PC computer literacy, proficient in Word, Excel, and internet usage
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers Needed: Nonprofit Learning Lab – Mar 21
- Philadelphia Zoo + Mural Arts is inviting YOU to contribute to public art!
- Volunteer Opportunities: 10th Pennsylvania Governor’s STEM Competition – Feb 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.