Youth Programs Coordinator, Asian Americans United
Posted by Asian Americans United on January 16, 2024
Asian Americans United (AAU) was founded in 1985 by a small group of volunteers seeking to create an organized response to rising issues of anti-Asian violence, substandard housing, and the need for equitable educational services for a growing Asian community. Today, AAU exists so that people of Asian ancestry in Philadelphia exercise leadership to build their communities and unite to ensure justice and equity for all. For more than 35 years, AAU has worked in Philadelphia’s Asian American communities and in broader multiracial coalitions to ensure quality public education for all students, develop youth leadership, combat anti-Asian violence, advocate for immigrant rights, and support folk arts and reclaim cultural heritage. AAU is headquartered at the FACTS Charter School at 1023 Callowhill Street in Chinatown North.
- Implementing and/or supporting AAU youth programs, including: CYOP School Year Program, CYOP and Summer Program, AAU Youth Intern Program
- Program planning and curriculum design
- Recruitment, outreach, retention of youth participants for school year and summer programs
- Building community spaces for Asian American and Asian immigrant youth
- One-on-one check-ins with youth program participants
- Incorporating curriculum with surrounding community and city-wide campaigns and efforts
- Supervising and supporting youth program staff and interns
- Program administration including record keeping, program evaluation, report writing, fundraising, and grant support
- Public education advocacy and coalition-building with other organizations
AAU Organizational Advancement:
- Supporting Mid-Autumn Festival planning and organizing, including connecting youth leaders with the festival
- Representing AAU in coalition work and campaigns for justice
- Developing the leadership youth leaders to participate and connect with campaign goals
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Career Specialist, Welcoming Center – Mar 12
- Community Program Manager – Mar 25
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.