Youth Program Instructor, Center for Digital Inclusion and Technology (CDIT)
Posted by People’s Emergency Center on January 11, 2016
Center for Digital Inclusion and Technology (CDIT)
Youth Program Instructor
Founded in 1972, PEC is a comprehensive homeless services provider and experienced nonprofit community development agency based in West Philadelphia. The agency employs nearly 90 staff to serve its community and constituents through social services, counseling, case management, commercial corridor revitalization, community organizing, digital inclusion, and quality affordable rental housing.
In February 2003 People’s Emergency Center created the Center for Digital Inclusion and Technology to bridge the digital divide in West Philadelphia. Through CDIT programs, students of all ages develop the technology and media arts skills necessary for success in the 21st century. To accomplish our mission CDIT provides digital literacy courses to local residents. Upon completing the courses, qualified students receive free or low-cost computers or tablets. Additionally, CDIT promotes viable, low-cost broadband internet access for the people we serve. More information can be found at http://www.cditech.org and http://www.pec-cares.org.
• Completed or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Media Arts, Fine Arts, Photography, Communication, Journalism, Computer Science, or an equivalent field. Two or more years’ experience working with inner city youth.
• Must have superior independent work habits, detailed oriented, flexible and problem solver; must also be able to work successfully with a team.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Superior classroom management skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Sensitivity to, and experience with urban and low-income populations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary.
Reports to: Digital Inclusion Youth Program Manager
The CDIT Youth Program Instructor plans, facilitates, and assesses digital media courses for West Philadelphia middle schoolers; the ideal candidate will have a range of basic video production, photography, and graphic design skills, and will have previous experience working with youth. All candidates will undergo criminal background,child abuse, and FBI checks.
CDIT Youth Program Instructor works as independent contractor Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:30pm at $25 per/hr plus one hour a week of prep.
For immediate consideration for this position, please e-mail your resume to Jeannine Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org). EOE/M/F/D/V
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.