Youth Career Pathways Consultant, Montgomery County
Posted by Montgomery County on February 16, 2015
Scope of Position
• To provide support and assistance to youth participants seeking Internships in the areas of Manufacturing, Health Care and Information Technology with the intent of gaining and/or retaining employment and career advancement in these industries.
• This position requires an organized individual who can efficiently handle several responsibilities simultaneously.
• Develop, secure and retain relationships with industry employers for Internship placement.
• Ensure appropriate documentation is completed and received
• Design a customer-driven Individual Employment Plan (IEP)
• Work closely with project manager and program providers to identify participants for each 6 week internship cohort.
• Ensure resumes and interviewing skills of participants meet internship expectations for employers with available positions
• Work with participants to create solutions to problems that arise related to attendance, performance, etc. during the 6 week internship cohort.
• Oversee participants activities and assist with workshop development and schedules
• Provide individualized assessment of work
• Maintain organized database of participants and keep detailed documentation of all contacts with participants
• Coordinate participants schedules
• Document all participants contacts and activities in case notes and ensure that post-placement contacts are made as required by specific contract
• Build a professional working relationship with industry employers and participant to aid in eliminating challenges that are hindrances to obtaining and retaining employment. This includes: assessment, individualized attention and coordination
• Ensure participants follow through with planned activities as outlined in contract with funding agency
• Help to ensure that positive outcomes and goals are met as required by contract
• Assist in the preparation of project reports as needed (participation, placement, etc.)
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred with ability to speak and write in Spanish and English
• Ability to prioritize tasks and document visits and contacts
• Demonstrated telephone, computer and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain flexibility as needs of contract or contractor require
• College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Customer service experience required
• A working knowledge of MS Office
• Must be comfortable working and assisting Recruiters with matching customers with open job orders and participate in Recruitment events
• Must have minimum 3 years experience working with youth in an outcome driven capacity
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
- Quaker Voluntary Service Fellowship – Mar 1
- Student-Centered Educator’s Job Fair – Mar 12
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: A to Z – Feb 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.