You’re a Supervisor, Now what? – Apr 15
Posted by Youth Fab Philly on March 19, 2019
Date and Time: April 15, 2019, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Location: West Chester University, 701 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Just got promoted to a supervisor, or looking to get promoted? This workshop will explore what it means to be an effective supervisor and will review the Core Competencies for Supervisors of Youth Workers. Participants will walk away having created a philosophy for supervision and with various tools to help them in their role.
Goals: Many people get promoted to a supervisory role without really thinking about the values and strategies they will use to in their new leadership role. This workshop will help participants identify their leadership style and how the Core Competencies for Supervisors of Youth Workers can be a guide for their and their staff’s growth.
Objectives (participants will be able to):
- Identify their leadership values;
- Draft a leadership/supervision manifesto; and
- Describe how they will use the Core Competencies for Supervisors of Youth Workers to guide their practice.
Audience: Supervisors of Youth Workers
Youth Worker Competencies: Competency #7, Ability to lead and manage change.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: PA Health Law Project Intellectual Disability/Autism Waivers Training – Jan 28
- Online Event: The 5th Annual Mentoring Conference – Jan 29
- PA Disconnect in Cyber Charter Oversight and Funding – A Children First Report – Jan 27
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.