Year Up Greater Philadelphia, New Program BEGINS Oct 13
Posted by Year Up Greater Philadelphia on August 11, 2020
The countdown begins! Starting Tuesday, October 13th, Year Up Greater Philadelphia will continue to move talented, determined young adults towards meaningful corporate careers. In spite of the challenges presented by ongoing global events, our revised program model is now firmly in place, and will allow those who enroll this fall to follow the success of our most recent class of students who have just began their Work Immersion (Internship) phase, this month. Our more streamlined and flexible program includes the following highlights:
- YUGP moves from a fully “in-person” model, to a “blended” model that will operate primarily online, with each cohort coming together for a number of critical milestone gatherings.
- We have now expanded our program to serve young adults between the ages of 18 – 30
- Beginning on October 13th, Each cohort will run for 7 months, instead of 12: a 3-month Learning & Development phase will be followed by a 4-month Work Immersion/Internship phase, allowing students to more quickly progress towards full-time employment.
- The new Learning & Development phase will require a weekly commitment of 20-25 hours of self-paced coursework and training, allowing students to continue to work full-time or take college courses as they wish. However, the Internship phase will still require a full-time (35-40 hours p/week) commitment, and will also include a higher level of paid stipend during those 4 months.
- YUGP will continue to offer intensive training in the professional tracks of: 1) Business Operations/Finance; and 2) Information Technology. The program will also continue its high-level focus on developing each student’s business communications and essential/professional skills. However, our affiliation with Peirce College has now come to an end.
- Our Student Services team – including licensed social workers – also remains committed to supporting students in navigating any challenges outside of the program in order to remained focused.
For further details about our new program, and on how to move forward in the application process, please:
- Complete our short Interest Form https://www.yearup.org/seize-opportunity which will also allow interested young adults (again, now up to age 30) to….
- Schedule a Virtual Information Session (approx. 45 minutes long). These are held as follows:
Tuesdays – 5:00pm
Thursdays – 2:00pm
Saturdays (bi-weekly) – 11:00am
To schedule specific, tailored Virtual Information Sessions for you, your colleagues, targeted groups of [your] students/young adults, or others, just reach out to Andrew A. Adair, Recruitment Manager at email@example.com to let him know what dates/times might work best for you.
Feel free to view this short video reminder of how Year Up’s “High Expectations/High Support” model inspires and empowers young adults to reach their full potential: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJI9–QvyTE
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: AmeriCorps NCCC: Application & Selection – Oct 27
- Virtual Workshop: Let’s Talk About It: Coming Together for Youth Mental Health – Oct 27
- Virtual Event: Launching Urban’s Disability Equity Policy Initiative: A Conversation on Including Disability in Research – Oct 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.