Year Up Greater Philadelphia Fall Program
Posted by Year Up Greater Philadelphia on June 8, 2021
Year Up Greater Philadelphia (YUGP) has successfully continued to meet its mission of closing this country’s opportunity divide by moving ambitious, determined young adults out of minimum wage jobs and towards meaningful corporate careers in less than one year. Again, our streamlined, more flexible program is now highlighted by the following:
- YUGP has moved from a fully in-person model, to a “blended” model that operates primarily online, with each cohort coming together for a number of critical milestone gatherings (when deemed safe to do so).
- Each cohort runs for 7 months: a 3-month Learning & Development phase followed by a 4-month Work Immersion/Internship phase, allowing students to more quickly progress towards full-time employment.
- YUGP continues to offer intensive training in the professional tracks of: 1) Business Operations; and 2) Information Technology. The program also continues its high-level focus on developing each student’s business communications and essential/professional skills.
- Our Student Services team – including licensed social workers – also remains committed to supporting students in navigating any challenges outside of the program in order to remained focused.
In just the last two months, Year Up Greater Philadelphia has celebrated the graduation of the first cohort of our revised program model (which began on October 13th, 2020), and welcomed a new group of 43 talented young adults into our second cohort on April 27th.
Interested in our upcoming fall program (mid-October start date)? To begin the information and application process, beginning with the completion of our short Interest Form, and then – when ready – scheduling a Virtual Information Session (approx.. 45-50 minutes long), click here.
Our Information sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesdays – 5:00pm
- Saturdays (bi-weekly) – 11:00am
Questions? Contact Andrew A. Adair at AAdair@YearUp.org.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: COVID-19 Economic Recovery: The Role of Higher Education Anchors in Supporting Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs – Jul 1
- Homelessness and Housing Insecurity Action Summit – Jul 27&29
- Place-Based Justice Network Virtual Summer Institute 2021 – Jul 28-30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.