Writing with, for, and about Service Engagement – An Academic Writing Retreat
Posted by Indiana University on May 19, 2014
Pen to Paper: Writing with, for, and about Service Engagement – An Academic Writing Retreat
Pen to Paper is an academic writing retreat is designed to provide time, space, and resources to help faculty, staff, and graduate students working on journal manuscripts rooted in community engagement. During the two day retreat participants have time to share ideas with colleagues, receive feedback from journal editors and peers, and write. The program is designed to accommodate 25-30 attendees; therefore, space is limited. The retreat will be located at Wooded Glen Retreat Center, Henryville, Indiana.
· the International Journal of Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement,
· the Journal of Community Engagement and Higher Education,
· the Journal of Public Scholarship in Higher Education,
· Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement, and
· PRISM: A Journal of Regional Engagement.
Registration for this event includes the option of joining IARSLCE for one year. Membership Benefits for IARSLCE include:
- Access to Graduate Student and Early Career Networks, as well as interaction with top researchers in the field,
- Eligibility to receive an IARSLCE Research Award or Graduate Student Scholarship,
- Mentorship opportunities that connect you with new ideas and colleagues around the world,
- The opportunity to serve on an IARSLCE Board Committee, or eligibility to serve on the IARSLCE Board of Directors, and
- Inclusion in and access to the IARSLCE Member Directory.
- Campus Compact & IARSLCE Member (if a member of both) – $600.00
- Campus Compact Member with option to join IARSLCE for one year – $700.00
- IARSLCE Member Rate (if not a member of Campus Compact) – $1,800.00
- Non-Campus Compact – Non-IARSLCE with option to join IARSLCE for one year – $1,900.00
*Registration fee includes lodging for the nights of 7/23 and 7/24, five meals (three on the 24th and two on the 25th), snacks, and retreat materials.
REGISTER HERE NOW
- Call for Proposals: Conference on Community Writing: Activating Radical Imagination – Feb 5
- 2023 Project Kaleidoscope (PKAL) STEM Leadership Institute – Mar 15
- Call for Proposals: American School Health Association – Feb 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.