Write Away: Digital Literacy Mentorship Program Academic Internship Opportunity – Aug 31
Posted by Write Away on August 25, 2020
Creating a digital world where everyone is included and able to express themselves requires addressing the digital divide that exists between those with and without access to technology and the opportunities to use that technology. Write Away wants to close this opportunity gap by providing meaningful and fun opportunities for digitally-based writing and expression. This is especially important now as education shifts online and distance learning becomes the new normal.
About the Position – This is a VIRTUAL internship
Write Away is looking for interns to serve as digitally writing mentors, working one on one with our students to teach them digital literacy skills through social content and creative writing. This is an opportunity to learn from a leading expert in the field while gaining hands on experience in the future of education.
Our ideal candidate is someone with:
- Interested in education or a related field
- Experience and a comfort level with social media content creation and creative writing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interested in working with kids
- A natural sense of urgency; ability to juggle many initiatives at the same time
- Willingness to experiment & is self-driven
- Provide weekly academic training to students through virtual platforms
- Flexible schedule, working between 5-20 hours per week
- Work with WriteAway team to customize lesson plans and adapt courses to each student
- Stay up to date on the latest trends on key social channels
This internship is a 3-month commitment with potential to extend beyond fall semester. While there is some flexibility, the expected participation dates for this internship are from October 1st through November 19th, with a Mentor Training taking place in September.
This is a non-paid internship for college credit only.
Applications must be submitted by August 31st. Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers needed, Philly Reading Coaches
- Requesting Participants: Workforce & Internship Opportunities Fair – Dec 6
- Recruiting STEM Volunteers: Philadelphia Afterschool STEM Exploration (PASE)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.