Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Webinar
Posted by National Skills Coalition on June 2, 2014
Webinar Tomorrow on Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
From our friends at the National Skills Coalition
On June 3 from 1:00 – 2:30, national experts from four leading organizations will come together to unpack the recently introduced Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and what it means for the nation.
Sign up now to join this webinar to hear from:
- Rachel Gragg, Federal Policy Director, National Skills Coalition
- Neil Ridley, Senior Policy Analyst and Interim Workforce Development Co- Director, Center on Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- James Huettig, Policy Analyst, National Youth Employment Coalition (NYEC)
- Jennifer Wang, Policy and Advocacy Manager, Young Invincibles
- Rachel Zinn, Director, Workforce Data Quality Campaign
Last week, House and Senate leaders introduced WIOA, bipartisan, bicameral legislation reauthorizing the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) through 2020. The House and Senate are expected to pass this legislation in the coming weeks.
Participants will have a chance to ask questions and hear comprehensive analysis of the bill including: overview and Title I (occupational training); Title II (adult basic education); youth issues; and data and accountability provisions.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- PAID Monthly Climate Change Professional Development–Grades 4-12 – Dec 20
- Join the 50by250 Campaign to Double Youth Participation to 50% by America250 – Dec 31
- Virtual Event: Opportunities in Crisis: Findings from Year Two of Research on Equitable Rental Housing and Eviction Prevention in the United States – Dec 8
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.