Women In Natural Sciences Nominations Are Open (Young Women in 8th Grade) – Feb 15
The Women in Natural Sciences (WINS) Program at The Academy of Natural Sciences is currently in the nomination portion of the application process in search of rising 9th grade students for the 2024 cohort. The WINS program is a summer and afterschool enrichment program for girls ages 14-18 from various charter and public high schools throughout The School District of Philadelphia. WINS helps young women explore sciences through interactive lessons, workshops, internships, employment, and volunteer opportunities. The program also encourages and supports these young women pursue higher education through college tours and workshops about the undergraduate experience.
- Young women currently in 8th grade
- B average grades
- Planning to attend a public or charter high school in Philadelphia this Fall 2024.
- Motivated and prepared to invest in their own success with the support of program mentors
More in "Miscellaneous"
- RISE Communities Training Program – Air sensor and team development training for community-academic partnerships – Apr 1
- Hybrid Event: Ways of Knowing Symposia Kickoff – Mar 7
- Webinar: Service-Learning is Civic Learning – Mar 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.