Widening Circles: Online Communities for Learning and Action
Posted by Omprakash on June 9, 2020
In response to the current context of disruption, uncertainty, and dislocation, Omprakash has launched Widening Circles, a new program that grapples with urgent questions about injustice and inequality while also creating meaningful opportunities for personal growth and critical social action.
Widening Circles offers:
- social impact internships (online or in-person, travel permitting) with vetted Omprakash Partners (170+ grassroots organizations in 40+ countries including the United States)
- curated interdisciplinary multimedia curriculum, with optional ‘concentrations’ in fields including Education, Global Health, Human Rights, Migration & Borders, and Environmental Justice
- online community for critical dialogue and reflection, including asynchronous peer-peer learning and an ongoing webinar series
- personalized mentorship from within our team of EdGE Mentors
- ongoing digital storytelling for raising consciousness; opportunity to publish a digital portfolio
The program is open to all and specifically targets recent grads and current students who seek community and critical dialogue as they confront our current context and chart their next steps.
The program is self-paced and highly adaptable to participants’ schedules and availability. We are committed to accessibility: the total program fee is $750 and we offer generous scholarships to students with financial need.
We also partner with universities and other nonprofits to help them adapt our platform for their own programs.
Learn more about how Widening Circles can help your students find connection, inspiration, and pathways for outward movement: https://www.omprakash.org/joinedge/widening-circles
More in "New Resources"
- 30th Anniversary Edition of the PACDC Magazine
- New Policy Paper: Health Equity Policy Framework
- New Book: Literacy Is Liberation: Working Toward Justice Through Culturally Relevant Teaching
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.