WeVote Partnership: Resources for the November 2022 Election
Posted by Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance on October 25, 2022
A crucial part of the Cultural Alliance’s mission is to advocate for the arts and culture industry. This includes encouraging civic engagement and empowering arts advocates to make their voices heard at the ballot box.
We are pleased to announce that our organization is participating in WeVote, an initiative of the nearly 120-year-old nonprofit, nonpartisan organization the Committee of Seventy (C70). In order to ensure more Americans take part in the democratic process, WeVote provides voters with the tools and resources to be fully informed and successfully cast your ballot.
In October 2019, historic election reform was passed in Pennsylvania that provides every Pennsylvanian with the opportunity to Vote by Mail. This change removed several common obstacles to voting; lack of time, polling place confusion, and not knowing enough about the candidates are often cited as reasons why people don’t vote. However you choose to cast your ballot is, of course, up to you.
Here’s what we’re encouraging you to do:
- If you are registered to vote in PA, check your registration to make sure your info is accurate.
- Once you’re registered, if you’d like to Vote by Mail, apply ASAP (well before the November 1st deadline in PA). Don’t delay, and take care of this now if you can.
- NJ voters must apply by November 1.
- DE voters must apply by November 4.
- Visit the Committee of Seventy website to:
- Learn about the candidates and questions on your ballot in Pennsylvania. C70’s online Build Your Own Ballot tool (BYOBallot) allows you to put in your address and see every candidate on your ballot, learn about each of them and the office they seek, save your picks to make voting at home even easier and quicker, and if you’d like, share your picks with friends and family.
- Watch C70’s webcast, Studio C70, where C70 & their partners interview experts, policy makers and candidates, and civic leaders to discuss issues vital to the health of our local democracy.
- Share WeVote with your family and friends, encourage them to Vote by Mail, and consider being a poll worker on November 8.
In addition to the info you need to cast your ballot, you’ll also find research-based information on the Five Habits of Highly Effective Citizens and interviews with experts and candidates.
Questions about voting or the election? Contact the team at the Committee of Seventy at email@example.com.
The future of American democracy will be decided by those citizens who are critical, informed, and powered to take action. We hope you’ll help us promote a culture of voting at the Cultural Alliance. Because democracy works when WeVote.
More in "New Resources"
- Live the Legacy Podcast
- USDA Proposes Science Driven Updates to Foods Provided Through WIC
- What the Fact?! Teaching Guide
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.