Webinar: Utilizing National Service To Address Substance Use – Feb 6
Office of Research and Evaluation Guest Webinar:
AmeriCorps Minnesota: Utilizing National Service To Address Substance Use
AmeriCorps Minnesota and the event sponsor, Engaging Martinsville and Henry County, invite guest speaker Ben Suker, Opioid Response Project Manager for ServeMinnesota (AmeriCorps Minnesota), to provide an overview of the highly successful program, Recovery Corps.
Recovery Corps is an innovative program that trains people recovering from substance use disorders to serve as Recovery Navigators to others through sustained recovery. As AmeriCorps members, Recovery Navigators are supported to provide mentoring, peer support, and resource navigation to help people build their recovery.
Topic: Utilizing National Service to Address Substance Use
Speaker: Ben Suker, Opioid Response Project Manager for ServeMinnesota
Date and Time: Thurs., February 6, from 10-11:00 a.m. ET
Who should attend:
- People involved in substance use recovery
- People in recovery
- Family & friends of people in recovery
- Community decision-makers
Where: via Zoom – Registration required
Please RSVP to attend here: https://virginiatech.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_x9noP4VeRZ2i7knSfGVhYg
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: The Location Advantage: Using Maps to Make Data-Driven Decisions for Your Nonprofit – May 18
- Connecting Communities: Exploring the Intersection of Health and Economic Equity – May 13
- Webinar for Educators: Extra Life: Examining Medical Innovations & Inequities – May 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.