Webinar: Increasing Accessibility for Volunteers with Disabilities – Sep 22
Posted by GivePulse on September 21, 2021
GivePulse is committed to ensuring that volunteer and civic engagement opportunities are accessible to all. Join us on September 22 at 1pm CT for a webinar led by GivePulse’s Community and Accessibility Success Specialist, Jana Schroeder, to discuss practical steps for including people with disabilities in volunteer and service opportunities. Jana has extensive volunteer management, community engagement, and disability advocacy experience in higher education and the nonprofit sector. In this webinar, we cover topics such as:
- How to develop inclusive opportunities
- Strategies for recruiting and orienting volunteers
- Supporting volunteers remotely and in-person
Webinar slides will be available in an accessible format, and live transcription of the webinar will be enabled. Please let us know about any other accommodations you need when you register.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Lights On Afterschool: Celebrate Afterschool Programs & Staff – Oct 25&28
- Webinar: Student Outcomes Beyond Completion: National Findings From the 2021 Strada Alumni Survey – Oct 27
- Essential Jobs, Inequality, and “Dirty Work”: A Book Talk with Eyal Press – Oct 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.