Webinar: How to Harness Power and Be an Effective Social Changemaker – Feb 7
Posted by Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR) on January 16, 2024
Making positive change in organizations and society can prove very challenging, so what factors enable one changemaker to succeed in a situation when the vast majority fail? Join SSIR Live! and Harvard professor Julie Battilana for a 90-minute LIVE session: How to Harness Power and Be an Effective Social Changemaker.
Leveraging nearly two decades of experience researching and teaching about power and social change across the globe—including her Agitate, Innovate, Orchestrate framework—Battilana will show leaders and teams that the key to successfully implementing change is understanding how power works, then using one’s power effectively and responsibly.
This 90-minute live program will:
- Define what power is, where it comes from, and dispel harmful misconceptions about it
- Illuminate the three key sources of power available to each of us and how they can be used for social good
- Spotlight how to harness power for a positive impact on individuals, organizations, and society
- Explore strategies for implementing change, including through the “Agitate, Innovate, Orchestrate” framework
Date and Time: Wednesday, February 7, 2024, 2:00-3:30 PM
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Service-Learning is Civic Learning – Mar 11
- Webinar: Service-Learning And Social Emotional Learning – Mar 5
- Leading with Impact: Nonprofit Executive Certificate Program – Mar 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.