Webinar: Higher Education Institutions: Partners in Social & Economic Community Resilience – Oct 28
This webinar is is brought to you by the Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium (HEASC) with support from Second Nature and the American Society of Adaptation Professionals (ASAP).
Higher education needs to prepare its own campuses and communities, and also has an important role to play partnering with communities to build resilience. Higher education institutions and associations have a unique and important opportunity to help higher education create more climate adaptation and resilience readiness within our sector and within human societies across the country and the globe.
The adaptive and resilient higher education institution is designed to reduce unnecessary human suffering, save resources and money and help reduce pollution and climate change. Since it can be difficult to plan and take action for adaptation and resilience choices, this webinar will highlight domestic examples on a campus and with community partners to show how higher education research and applied projects can produce positive community outcomes.
The webinar will consist of:
- Very quick overview of the need for and benefits of adaptation and resilience planning and action
- Real world examples from higher education in partnership with other sectors (government, campus, communities)
- Resources for planning, operationalization and continuous improvement
Target audiences include staff from the following areas: planning; facilities; EHS, security; business and finance; procurement; housing; student affairs; counseling; auxiliary services; food and catering; sustainability offices and academics and students. For registration and more information, visit https://www.aashe.org/calendar/climate-adaptation/ . Registrants will also receive access to the recording.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Online Event: Is college still worth it? – Dec 7
- Virtual CCPH Lunch & Learn Series: Qualitative Research 101 – Jan 10
- New Book and Webinar: Teaching Asian America in Elementary Classrooms – Dec 12 or 14
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.