Webinar: Employer Research: Liberal Education and the Future of Work
AAC&U Webinar: AAC&U’s 2018 Employer Research: Liberal Education and the Future of Work
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
1:00 p.m. EDT
We remind you to join our upcoming webinar, “AAC&U’s 2018 Employer Research: Liberal Education and the Future of Work” on Tuesday, August 28, at 1:00 p.m. (EDT).
AAC&U is pleased to announce the latest webinar in a series that highlights the work being done at colleges and universities around the country to address challenges and identify best practices for enhancing the teaching and learning experience and demonstrating the value of liberal education for work, life, and global citizenship.
As part of the Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) initiative, AAC&U periodically commissions national surveys to examine trends related to college graduates and the most important learning experiences and outcomes they need to successfully navigate the global economy. This webinar marks the release of AAC&U’s latest employer survey, funded by AAC&U and Newman’s Own Foundation. This new research, “Fulfilling the American Dream: Liberal Education and the Future of Work,” has several objectives:
- Gauging the degree to which business executives and hiring managers believe that a college education is important and worthwhile
- Discerning the learning outcomes they believe are most important for success in today’s economy
- Determining how prepared recent college graduates are in these areas
- Understanding the range of professional development opportunities that employers are providing to their employees
In addition to summarizing the key findings of this research, this webinar will include college and university leaders who will share their perspectives regarding the implications for higher education. They will also consider it within the context of other recent research regarding perceptions of higher education.
Webinar attendees will have access to the full report and companion materials, which they can use to communicate the findings to a variety of audiences including students, parents, faculty, community members, and others.
There will be time for Q&A during the webinar, and we encourage participants to send questions in advance to [email protected].
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Promising P&T Reforms for Societally-Impactful Research: Strategies and Opportunities – Feb 5
- Dissertation Dish Webinar: “I was Invisible to them:” An Interpretive Phenomenological Analysis of Community Engaged Researchers’ Experience of Institutional Support – Feb 1
- Imagine a Clean Energy Future Student Contest – Feb 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.