Webinar: Digital Equity and the Opportunities for Higher Education – Oct 25
While existing well before March 2020, the pandemic highlighted the scope of digital inequity that often complicates and limits many students’ abilities to fully participate in all aspects of their education. In response to this and the broader array of digital inequities impacting citizens, the federal Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act included historical funding for broadband as well as $2.75 billion to specifically address digital equity (Digital Equity Act).
Join the American Association of Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) for a on October 25, 2022, 2:00–3:00 PM to learn more about the opportunities presented by the Digital Equity Act as well as concrete ideas and strategies institutions and faculty can employ in service to digital equity and their students.
This webinar will include:
- Data regarding broadband inequities faced by students;
- Opportunities presented by the Digital Equity Act for higher education institutions; and
- Digital practices that faculty and campuses can employ to ensure equitable outcomes for students.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Nominate a Student to Enter the The I Am Philly Contest – Apr 14
- Teaching in Higher Education Certificate for Teachers and Professionals
- Webinar: Re-Envisioning Publicly Engaged Scholarship in Promotion and Tenure – Feb 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.