Webinar: Community Engagement Data Literacy and Use – Oct 17
Posted by Collaboratory on October 11, 2022
Collaboratory will be hosting our annual, virtual Summit! The Summit seeks to foster a strong community of practice amongst institutions dedicated to advancing their community engagement. It is facilitated by Community Engagement Professionals and is designed to assist institutional leaders, faculty, and staff build a data-driven culture of engagement on their campuses.
We invite everyone to join us for the following session which is open the public:
The Engagement Data Imperative – From Access to Action
Monday, October 17, 2:00-3:30 PM
Higher education has reached a tipping point – while data access used to be the primary barrier to data-informed decision making, now many institutions struggle to translate all that data into meaningful insights and ultimately, action. As engagement administrators, we have a responsibility not just to our institutions, but to our surrounding communities to use data for actionable change. This panel includes leaders of national organizations and initiatives for engagement, and will discuss the imperative of data literacy and use in the context of community engagement data.
- Dr. Valerie Holton: Executive Director, Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities
- Dr. Marisol Morales: Executive Director, Carnegie Elective Classifications, American Council on Education
- Lynn Brabender: Director of Student Success and Service Provision, American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Marshall Curry: Program Manager, Educational Partnerships for Innovation in Communities-Network
Space is limited, please RSVP as soon as possible!
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Nominate a Student to Enter the The I Am Philly Contest – Apr 14
- Teaching in Higher Education Certificate for Teachers and Professionals
- Webinar: Re-Envisioning Publicly Engaged Scholarship in Promotion and Tenure – Feb 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.