Webinar: College Student Voter Access Briefing & Discussion w/ Dept. of Education Officials – Oct 18
Posted by ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge on October 18, 2022
In April 2022, the U.S. Department of Education issued a Dear Colleague letter to remind colleges and universities of their obligations to expand student access to voter registration and election information. With elections happening in every state this fall, the Department encouraged campuses through the letter to make preparations to fulfill this requirement and to ensure students have the information they need to participate in the electoral process.
We are now only weeks away from Election Day on November 8, but there are still many things campus leaders can do to ensure they are not only compliant with the requirements in the Higher Education Act but also to go above and beyond in supporting students’ access to the voting process.
Join the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, the Students Learn Students Vote Coalition, and leaders across the nonpartisan student voting space on Tuesday, October 18 for a nonpartisan briefing and discussion on college student voter access featuring U.S. Department of Education Undersecretary James Kvaal and Assistant Secretary for Postsecondary Education Nasser Paydar.
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 4:00 – 5:00 PM
- Jen Domagal-Goldman, Executive Director, ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge
- James Kvaal, Under Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Melissa Michelson, Dean of Arts & Sciences and Professor of Political Science, Menlo College
- Fayneese Miller, President, Hamline University
- Nasser Paydar, Assistant Secretary for Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Clarissa Unger, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Students Learn Students Vote Coalition
- Alicia Vallette, Student, Community College of Rhode Island
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Join the 50by250 Campaign to Double Youth Participation to 50% by America250 – Dec 31
- Virtual Event: Opportunities in Crisis: Findings from Year Two of Research on Equitable Rental Housing and Eviction Prevention in the United States – Dec 8
- Virtual Community School Coordinator Boot Camp – Jan 31 – Feb 3
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.