Webinar: Black Youth and Suicide Risk Panel – Sep 30
Course Description: Suicide and suicide-related behaviors have been steadily increasing among Black youth. In this presentation, we will describe trends in suicidal behaviors among Black youth as well as risk and protective factors unique to this population. Presenters will discuss screening and interventions and the need for culturally and developmentally appropriate approaches to suicide prevention.
• Describe prevalence of suicide and suicide-related behaviors among Black youth across age and gender
• Describe common risk and protective factors for this population.
• Identify treatment approaches and barriers to engaging black youth in treatment
Date and Time: September 30, 2020, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Learn more and register: https://www.bhten.com/session/webinar-chop-and-dbhids-present-black-youth-and-suicide-risk-panel
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Civic Saturday Philadelphia – Sep 10
- 7th Brothas Stroll: Health Walk for Black Men and Boys in Phila. – Aug 27
- Peace Day Philly Events – Sep 15-21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.