Webinar: Black Youth and Suicide Risk Panel – Sep 30
Course Description: Suicide and suicide-related behaviors have been steadily increasing among Black youth. In this presentation, we will describe trends in suicidal behaviors among Black youth as well as risk and protective factors unique to this population. Presenters will discuss screening and interventions and the need for culturally and developmentally appropriate approaches to suicide prevention.
• Describe prevalence of suicide and suicide-related behaviors among Black youth across age and gender
• Describe common risk and protective factors for this population.
• Identify treatment approaches and barriers to engaging black youth in treatment
Date and Time: September 30, 2020, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Learn more and register: https://www.bhten.com/session/webinar-chop-and-dbhids-present-black-youth-and-suicide-risk-panel
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Online Event: The 5th Annual Mentoring Conference – Jan 29
- PA Disconnect in Cyber Charter Oversight and Funding – A Children First Report – Jan 27
- Online Event: Writing Inside-Out – Feb 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.