Webinar: Advancing Homeownership Opportunity to Narrow Racial Disparities – Jul 12
Posted by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia on June 21, 2022
Research has shown a growing racial divide in homeownership across the U.S., calling for strategic and deliberate strategies for expanding homeownership opportunities for households of color.
Join us for a discussion exploring plans and programs from lenders and state and local governments aimed at reducing racial disparities in homeownership. This virtual event will focus on envisioning more innovative and shared strategies for expanding homeownership opportunities for households of color while preserving and enhancing existing homeownership programs.
This two-part series is cohosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, the Urban Institute, and the Penn Institute for Urban Research. The recording of the first webinar focusing on federal programs can be found here.
During this event, you will learn about the latest state and local programs and plans to advance racial equity in the housing sector, including the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Convergence program, Boston’s first-generation homeownership program, New Jersey’s homeowner assistance programs, the Philly First Home program, a home repair loan program in Ohio, and a special purpose credit program initiated by a major bank.
- Wendy Penn, Associate Vice President, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Cerita Battles, Managing Director, Head of Community and Affordable Lending, Chase
- Symone Crawford, Executive Director, Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance
- Ryan Ambrose, Director, Neighborhood Preservation Initiative, Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation
- Melanie R. Walter, Executive Director, New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
- Stephanie Moulton, Professor, Ohio State University
- Adam H. Langley, Associate Director, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy (invited)
Janneke Ratcliffe, Vice President, Housing Finance Policy Center, Urban Institute, and Lei Ding, Senior Community Development Economic Advisor, Philadelphia Fed, will moderate the panels.
This event is complimentary, but registration is required. View the agenda here.
Date and Time: Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 12:00–1:30 PM
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- CEA Virtual Learning Series: Building Coalitions – Aug 17
- Physics Professional Development Course: Physics for the Next Generation: The Patterns Approach – Jul 25-28
- Regional Industries and STEM Education Meeting – Jul 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.