Webinar: Accelerating Paid Leave for Families – Jun 1
Posted by The Aspen Institute on June 1, 2021
Ascend at the Aspen Institute and the Aspen Family Prosperity Innovation Community invite you to our upcoming webinar focused on the recently proposed federal legislation on paid leave. Join Aspen Family Prosperity Innovation Community Advisor Vicki Shabo of New America Foundation, Family Prosperity Partner Vasu Reddy of the National Partnership for Women and Families, and Family Prosperity Partner Marianne Bellesorte of Family Values @ Work to learn more about how and why this legislation matters now and to hear opportunities to advance paid leave for the families you serve.
Date and Time: June 1, 2021, 1:15 PM
Additionally, we have identified a few actions you can take to immediately support federal paid leave efforts:
- Submit statements in support of paid leave and the American Families Plan in addition to calling or meeting with your members of Congress.
- Submit a letter to your state and local representatives.
- Share your own stories and experiences with paid leave.
- Tweet and post using the hashtag #PaidLeaveforAll and utilize this social media toolkit for sample tweets.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Voices of the Future Deliberative Polling Event – Nov 6
- Campus Compact: Seeking Proposals for Book Manuscripts
- 2021 ALL IN Challenge Awards & SLSV Coalition Post-Election Gathering – Nov 8-10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.