Web Director and Youth Trainer, Hopeworks N’ Camden
Posted by on November 14, 2003
Job Title: Web Director and Youth Trainer
Availability: Hiring Immediately
Hopeworks ‘N Camden (<a href="http://www.hopeworks.org">http://www.hopeworks.org</a>) is an innovative faith-based youth development program that uses web site design and development to work with urban youth. Hopeworks has an advanced curriculum and training program by which youth are able to earn college credits and gain valuable professional skills. As part of our training program, Hopeworks offers the following client services:
* Web Site Development
* Web Site Maintenance
The Web Production Manager would be responsible for the following areas:
1. Web Site Development: Oversee client projects from conception to implementation including all design work.
2. Web Site Maintenance: Oversee requests for maintenance from customers to existing sites.
3. Advanced Training: Using existing curriculum, implements advanced training components for youth trainees.
4. Manage: Manage production level trainees.
* Must have comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
* Project management skills, ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and adhere to stringent deadlines.
* Must have working knowledge of web-page construction and experience with creating web specific graphics.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of design, with specific proficiency in color correction, scanning, photo enhancing & retouching, and other graphic production techniques for Web.
* Understand image formats (EPS, TIF, GIF, JPEG, PDF), graphic compression tools and their use.
* Excellent written/verbal communications skills
* Willing to learn new technologies, self-motivated and independent
* Desire to engage in youth development.
Only Written Resumes accepted. No email inquires or resumes will be accepted.
With your resume, please include:
? A list of the sites that you have designed and that can be accessed via the web.
? A written response to this question: Why do you want to work for an organization like Hopeworks?
? 5 references with phone numbers
? Most recent college transcripts
- Associate Wellness Director or Wellness Director, Puentes de Salud
- Chief of Staff, Office of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
- Grant Specialist, Defender Association of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.