Watershed Adaptation Corps, Drexel Univ. – May 31
Posted by Drexel University on May 24, 2022
Drexel is one of Philadelphia’s top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America’s 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
We are seeking individuals to be a part of a diverse group of interested community stakeholders entitled the Watershed Adaptation Corps (WAC) to identify Darby-Cobbs Watershed residents’ biggest stormwater and flooding challenges and top priorities for addressing climate change impacts. Individuals will collect socioeconomic or physical/ecological data depending on their interests. Research methodologies include interviews, surveys, and field site visits. After gathering data, WAC members will work with the academic research team and the Watershed Partners Team (WPT) to develop a decision making tool that includes short and long term challenges facing the watershed communities and potential solutions.
Various trainings will be offered, such as: introduction to field methods, procedures for conducting interviews and surveys and for conducting environmental site inventories, and introduction to technical writing.
- Collect physical/ecological data and/or socioeconomic information and lived experiences from landowners in the watershed
- Actively participate in Collaborative Team Meetings, including sharing data and leading discussions
- Attend all training sessions
- Appropriately manage the data collected and document all interview and field notes
- Organize and synthesize findings from the field and Collaborative Team Meetings into a final report
- Regularly check in with research staff and supervisors
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
- Lindy Scholars Program Manager, Drexel University – Dec 20
- Office Administrative Associate, Catto Scholarship, CCP
- Post-Secondary Program Coordinator, Transition Program, Summer Search
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.