VP of Operations, Back on My Feet
Posted by Back On My Feet on October 10, 2016
Back on My Feet is run like a fast paced, innovative, corporate start-up. The organization’s senior leadership team all originate from corporate backgrounds and are relentlessly focused on improving the organization’s impact and constantly looking at new ways to bring more supporters to the mission. Back on My Feet is proud to have built corporate board partnerships with companies that include Accenture, Ace Cash Express, AT&T and Marriott. While this position is nonprofit focused, we encourage individuals from a variety of backgrounds to apply.
The VP of Operations will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and ideally will be based out of Philadelphia, Washington DC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or New York City. Other locations will be considered depending on candidate. This position will be primarily responsible for supporting the CEO in managing the day to day operations of the organization, including management of certain Chapters, development of internal communications, policies and procedures, and management of the National Board and National Partners.
- Manage 3-5 local BoMF Chapters with total budgets of circa $1.5-$2M
- In the absence of an Executive Director in a local market, act as interim Executive Director (ED), managing staff, key fundraising activities and local Board. Oversee hiring activities for new Executive Director positions
- Support CEO in execution of key aspects of the strategic plan, including workforce development programming and approach to launching of new Chapters (e.g franchise model)
- Manage and, as necessary, develop organization policies including but not limited to: program policies, event policies, fundraising policies, new hire training manuals and recruitment policies
- Lead weekly ED calls to share national updates and maximize opportunities for sharing best practices
- Manage internal communications including all staff calls and email updates
- With the support of HR, develop comprehensive training manuals for all positions
- Oversee the planning and execution of the annual staff retreat
- Manage the legal relationship with our pro bono law firm Morgan Lewis, including trademarking and new partnership contract development
- As required, serve as a spokesperson for the organization in the absence of the CEO
- Support CEO and work collaboratively with national team on maximizing all existing National Partnerships and expanding/integrating new Partnerships across local Chapters
- Lead development of all National Board and local Advisory Board meetings/call materials with support of National Coordinator
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 7-15 years of progressive operational or relationship management experience required. Mixture of nonprofit and corporate experience preferred (particularly experience in management consulting firms). Individuals seeking a career shift from corporate positions are encouraged to apply
- Experience developing and embedding new organization wide policies and procedures and effectively implementing change across an organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations and manage remotely
- Experience working with (or being a part of) a nonprofit Board preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong public presentation skills
Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Comfortable with travel 10-15% of the time for Chapter events, Board meetings etc.
- High energy, results oriented individual
- Unequivocal passion for the organization, mission and the members we serve
- Comfortable with a flexible i.e. not 9-5pm working schedule
- Desire to attend night and weekend program events as required
- A proactive, assertive and hands-on individual who is self-motivated and requires limited direction
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt quickly to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Team-oriented and willing to contribute to overarching team/Chapter goals
- Unquestionable integrity and highest ethical standards
- Personal experience with running or other related fitness activity preferred
For qualified candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
For more information on the organization, please visit: http://www.backonmyfeet.org
Benefits include; Health and Dental Plans, travel and medical flex reimbursement plans, IRA, annual reimbursement for athletic gear. Generous PTO and very flexible work scheduling
- Corporate Partnerships Director, City Year
- Housing Development Officer, PHDC
- Director of Finance, PHDC
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.