Volunteers Needed, National Mock Trials
Posted by on March 01, 2010
National Mock Trials Come to Philadelphia
As some of you already know, this year Philadelphia is hosting the national high school mock trial tournament. As we prepare to host over four hundred competitors from around the world, we are still seeking donations and volunteers to support the national tournament in Philadelphia in May. Here are a few details about the plans:
• Rounds will take place Friday, May 8th (Rounds 1 and 2) and Saturday, May 9th (Rounds 3 and 4) and will begin at 8:00 and 12:30 on each day. All rounds will take place at the Criminal Justice Center at 13th and Filbert Streets in downtown Philadelphia.
• Volunteers will receive a complimentary meal at the courthouse immediately prior to the round in which they are assigned on Friday and Saturday. (Breakfast before Rounds 1 and 3 and lunch before Rounds 2 and 4.)
· A special Volunteer Reception will be held Friday, May 7 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at City Hall – all volunteers will be invited to this reception.
· The host Pennsylvania Bar Association will have a hospitality suite at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown at 12th and Market open to volunteers on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
Please let us know if you’ll be able to help us by visiting the Volunteers section of our website, http://www.2010nationalmocktrial.com, or by contacting David Trevaskis of the Pennsylvania Bar Association at 717-571-7414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will be a great showcase for Philadelphia!
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- FarmerJawn Call for Volunteers: Ongoing Opportunities in Various Locations
- Volunteer Interns, Boost Community Development Corporation
- Volunteer at Beyond Literacy to Support Local Literacy and Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.