Volunteers Needed, Mock Interviews
Posted by KIPP DuBois Collegiate Academy on October 5, 2015
Volunteers Needed: Mock Interviews at KIPP DuBois Collegiate Academy
Every fall, KIPP DuBois Collegiate Academy invites volunteers from the community to conduct “mock interviews” with 11th graders. Interviews are an invaluable opportunity for students to practice their public speaking, interpersonal, and communication skills.
In 2015, interviews will take place on Saturday, October 17. Here are the event details:
· When: Saturday, October 17, 8AM – 12PM
· Where: KIPP DuBois Collegiate Academy, 5070 Parkside Ave.
· What: Conduct one-on-one interviews with high school juniors, provide students with feedback on their interview performance, and review students’ resumes
· RSVP: Please RSVP here by Friday, October 9
· Volunteer training and breakfast provided
· Interviews count towards students’ College Seminar grade and are the first step in securing a summer internship
KIPP, or the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. Since its founding in 1994, KIPP has grown to 183 schools serving over 70,000 students in 20 states and the District of Columbia. There are four KIPP schools in Philadelphia: KIPP Philadelphia Elementary Academy (K-4), KIPP Philadelphia Charter School (5-8), KIPP West Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School (5-8), and KIPP DuBois Collegiate Academy (9-12).
RSVP: Please RSVP here by Friday, October 9: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NY68S75
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Juvenile Diversion Academic Internship
- Explore STEM Philly-Chester Seeking STEM Volunteers
- College, Career, and Community Fair Partner Registration – Oct 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.