Volunteers Needed: In-Person Summer Youth Program, Puentes de Salud – Feb 28
Posted by Puentes de Salud on February 15, 2022
Puentes de Salud is seeking a team of highly dedicated volunteers to support our in-person summer youth program. This work will engage elementary-aged students in the South Philadelphia Latinx community in a month-long summer camp program. We welcome applicants who have relevant experience working with youth in formal or informal settings, and who are fluent or proficient in Spanish. We particularly encourage individuals who identify as Latinx and who are bilingual, heritage, and/or native speakers of Spanish to apply. Puentes requires that all volunteers and staff be fully vaccinated (including boosted) against COVID-19 prior to working in-person. Please note this is an unpaid opportunity, but you are welcome to apply for outside funding sources.
- The program will run from June 27 through August 5, 2022.
- June 27 – July 1- orientation for staff and volunteers from 9am-4pm.
- July 4 – July 29- programming Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-4pm with team planning and debrief time on Fridays.
- August 1 – 5th- reflection and debrief with the staff & volunteer team from 9am-4pm.
- Programming will take place at Southwark School, 1835 S. 9th Street, Philadelphia PA 19148
Please apply by midnight on Monday, February 28, 2022. Applicants should follow the instructions below:
- Click here and then click on “Sign Up” at the bottom of the home page.
- Create an account and password. You will receive an email with further instructions.
- Log back in. Click on “Become a Social Program Volunteer.”
- Select “Summer Camp” for program preference.
- Complete & submit the application!
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.