volunteers needed in local school libraries
Posted by West Philadelphia Alliance for Children on October 17, 2016
The West Philadelphia Alliance for Children (WePAC): WePac is recruiting volunteers for its school library and literacy programs. They are looking for the following types of volunteers to help with their libraries in West, Southwest, and the East Falls/Roxborough areas of the city. Go to http://www.wepac.org for more information and to complete a volunteer registration form.
- Library Program – Read aloud to classes of elementary schoolchildren, help them select and check out books, reshelve books, and help maintain libraries as a welcoming environment.
- Library Buddies – Be a reading mentor to a child, working one-on-one weekly with a struggling reader in grades K-3.
- Library Catalogers – Help get new titles into children’s hands quickly by entering books into the electronic catalog system.
- New Library Set Up – Help WePac set up two new libraries, slated to begin operation in the fall.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.