Volunteers Needed for Direct Service Food Distribution Programming
Posted by Feast of Justice on September 21, 2021
In order for us at Feast of Justice to serve the community we need over 300 volunteer hours each week. Our volunteers are local neighbors, partner congregation members, students and others seeking community service hours, guests of our programs, retirees through the RSVP program, and those seeking job skill development. We look for individuals to participate in direct services such as stocking shelves or distributing clothing and food, as well as with administrative tasks such as writing correspondence and serving on our leadership planning teams.
We are in great need for help with our direct service food distribution programming. We have programming during the following hours and needs:
- Monday 9-2–receiving and sorting food
- Tuesday 8:30-1–distributing food
- Wednesday 3:30-7:30–distributing food
- Thursday 9-12–distributing food and helping to receive food
- Friday 9-1–receiving and sorting food
- Saturday 9-4–distributing food
We can accommodate 3-5 people at any of these times.
We do have a special need for individuals during our distribution times that are bilingual–particularly English-Spanish or English-Mandarin.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.