volunteers needed, Financially Hers Coaching Boot Camp
Posted by on April 21, 2014
Financially Hers Coaching Boot Camp
Summary: Coaches are paired one-on-one with a Clarifi client for a total of six months. Clients are all enrolled in a month-long Financial Boot Camp held at Clarifi. Coaches will meet with their client at two Saturday Boot Camp sessions and work together at these events under the direction of staff to create some short term financial goals for the client. Following the completion of the Boot Camp, coaches and clients will continue to engage in meetings once a month, partially over the phone, for five months. Coaches work to provide support and motivate their client to stay on track toward the financial goals outlined together during the Boot Camp sessions. Coaches are provided ongoing support and training by Clarifi staff throughout the entire 6 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works one-on-one with client as they pursue personal financial goals
• Maintains unconditional positive regard for the client and at all times is supportive and non-judgmental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
• Assists client in resolving current financial situations while shifting the focus to long-term proactive financial management and stability.
• Submits monthly session reports to ensure the relationship is successful and to help identify best practices.
• Maintains strict confidentiality. Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a client, staff member, volunteer, other person, or Clarifi business.
• Upholds Clarifi’s commitment to impartiality. Volunteers should not sell or endorse financial products.
Qualifications & Commitments:
• 6 month commitment, a few hours each month. Flexible schedule. Times and formats of coaching sessions are at the discretion of the coach and the client.
• Required attendance at 4 in-person events.
o Volunteer coach training (Pick ONE)
– Saturday, May 10th 9am-1pm OR Monday, May 12th 2pm-6pm
o Two Financially Hers Boot Camp Events
– Saturday, May 31st 10am-12pm
– Saturday, June 14th 10am-12pm
o Celebration event at the conclusion of the program (October)
• Desire to learn coaching concepts.
• Ability to remain positive and culturally sensitive.
• Financial background is not required – all training provided. Comfort with basic financial concepts such as budgeting is helpful.
• Volunteers must be willing to absorb the cost to engage in the program. Clarifi cannot reimburse travel, parking or cell phone expenses.
Those interested should contact Thomas Revelle at [email protected] or (267) 546-0296.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers needed, Philly Reading Coaches
- Requesting Participants: Workforce & Internship Opportunities Fair – Dec 6
- Recruiting STEM Volunteers: Philadelphia Afterschool STEM Exploration (PASE)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.