Volunteers Needed: Coach-Mentors, Chester Upland Youth Soccer – Feb 25
Posted by Chester Upland Youth Soccer on February 22, 2022
Coach-Mentors work as a team to run provided Soccer for Success training sessions while serving as mentors, supporting participating students. Previous soccer experience is not required but positive athletic energy is critical. (We welcome volunteers but can pay $15 per hour to anyone serving this role.) Coach-Mentors must submit required background checks and complete Safesport Abuse Prevention Training and Soccer for Success Coach-Mentor training (all currently online; expense reimbursement provided upon request).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s Soccer for Success curriculum consistently and with a mindset that positively guides children’s life trajectories
- Establish a values-based team culture.
- Teach foundational soccer technique: dribbling, passing, shooting, and 1v1 defending.
- Teach foundational soccer tactics.
- Assist Site Director as requested.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator, Phila. Youth Football Academy
- Call for Volunteers: Greater & Green Conference – Jun 18-20
- Volunteers Needed to Drive Food, Puentes de Salud
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.