Volunteers needed, Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day – Aug 27
Posted by Net Generation on May 24, 2022
Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day (AAKD) powered by Net Generation is just around the corner. We hope that you will join us for another exciting year of tennis and entertainment.
AAKD will be held on Saturday, August 27, 2022. Our volunteers are key to making the day a success; we need volunteers to help on court, and to support various grounds activities throughout the day.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please review all of the following information. You must complete the application form, Release & Waiver, a criminal background screen (or be Safe Play Approved), and an in-person mandatory training (on a date TBD).
If you have any questions, please email us at AAKDvolunteer@usta.com.
1. Applicants must successfully complete a criminal background screen or be Safe Play Approved.
2. Attend a mandatory orientation that will include training about athlete safety the week of August 22nd, details to follow.
3. If you do not successfully complete #1 and #2 above, you will not be able to participate as an AAKD volunteer.
Previous service as a volunteer, completion of the volunteer application or a criminal background screen, or Safe Play Approval does not guarantee that you will be accepted to serve as a volunteer.
1. Deadline for AAKD volunteer registration is June 19, 2022 at 11:59 pm Eastern.
2. All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older as of July 10, 2022
3. All volunteers are required to sign a Release & Waiver.
4. All volunteers must successfully complete and clear a background check.*
5. Volunteer commitment time is for Saturday, August 27, 2022 from 7:00am – 2:00pm. There is no rain date for this event.
6. If you have been accepted to volunteer, you will be notified via email on or before July 17, 2022. Details for the volunteer orientation will be given at that time.
7. All volunteers must attend a mandatory orientation that will include training about athlete safety the week of August 22, 2022
You may print each page for your records; however, when you submit the form, you will receive an email summary with your responses for each page.
For any issues, contact AAKDvolunteer@usta.com.
For more information about Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day, visit http://www.arthurashekidsday.com.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.