Volunteer Services Program Coordinator, Bethesda Project
Posted by Bethesda Project on June 2, 2014
NOTE: This position is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be available to interview at our Administrative Offices, no travel reimbursements are available.
The Volunteer Services Program Coordinator is responsible for managing multiple projects and priorities while developing and supporting the mission of Bethesda Project through meaningful and enriching volunteer activities and supportive services to benefit Bethesda Project programs and its residents and guests.
Reports to: Director of Development
- Regularly visit and support Bethesda Project communities and maintain regular contact with staff, volunteers, residents and shelter guests;
- Assist with All Staff Gathering and resident retreats;
- Organize activities of Community Life Council;
- Assist Bethesda Project communities in their efforts to organize recreational, cultural and advocacy activities;
- Organize routine and annual events including, but not limited to, Medal Ceremony, Thanksgiving meals, and Holiday celebrations, including coordination of individualized wish lists and gift distribution for Bethesda Project guests and residents;
- Facilitate, organize and plan annual picnic event;
- Promote public policy education and encourage social justice collaboration in conjunction with other groups.
- Monitor volunteer services and needs of Bethesda Project communities;
- Network with local volunteer agencies, schools and faith communities;
- Participate in the recruitment, screening, training, and on-going support and acknowledgment of volunteers, as needed;
- Match volunteer skills and abilities to the needs of the organization;
- Facilitate an orientation program for volunteer groups which will familiarize participants with Bethesda Project’s mission, expectations, and the personal and systemic causes of homelessness;
- Maintain an accurate and current volunteer database through BPCares network;
- Coordinate, plan and track the collection and delivery of in-kind food and clothing donations, as needed;
- Facilitate, organize and plan annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Works closely with the Mission Development Facilitator;
- Ability to work independently, but collaboratively in a team environment;
- Attend and participate in team and leadership meetings;
- Adhere to program budget, maintain records and submit credit card receipts on a monthly basis;
- Document all emergencies, injuries, etc. using appropriate communication channels;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed; provide on-call availability to staff outside of regular business hours, in the event of an emergency;
- Other duties as assigned or directed.
- Associate Director (2 Positions), Civic House, UPenn – Jun 5
- Associate Director, Workforce & Economic Impact, Drexel – May 29
- Executive Director, ArtWell – Jun 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.