Volunteer Management Strategist, Philadelphia Academies
Posted by Philadelphia Academies on February 23, 2015
Reports to: Director of Business and Community Relations
Primary Objective: Assist the Academy Specialist and teachers with identifying business partners/ volunteers to develop experiential learning experiences and project based learning in support of the NCAC National Standards of Practice.
Demonstrated leadership in a high school or educational setting; strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills; desire to promote academies. Exhibit characteristics of a change agent, task oriented and capable of understanding the big picture in coordinating and directing projects, experience working with business and community is required.
Project Leadership, Volunteer Management and Collaboration
Recruitment and organization of business, academic and labor volunteers to meet the needs of the school. Continuously identify resources while working with Academy Specialist and BCR team to ensure projects are complete.
Business Strategy for Engagement
• Recruit and market to prospective volunteers,
• Develop prospects, onboard and match volunteers,
• Organize a structured Orientation Training to support all volunteers using an on-line module,
• Cultivate and manage business partner relationships,
• On-going evaluation and measuring of volunteer program outcomes,
• Work as part of a team to support implementation of special industry-related initiatives.
School Level Strategy for Engagement
• Serve as liaison between school leadership, faculty and Academy Specialist,
• Consult with Academy Leader/Teachers to assess needs for business/volunteers and align with their Academy theme and curriculum.
• Develop an on-going volunteer recognition program in collaboration with Field Operation staff.
• Project oversight and continuous collaboration with the Academy Specialist. Assess project performance, success, and collect teacher and volunteer feedback for future planning,
• Collaborate with Associate Director of BCR to analyze and report activity through the year and provide quarterly updates to the PAI Dashboard,
• Develop a renewing/recommitment process that will include a self-assessment and feedback survey.
Principal Fellows Program
Manage the Principal Fellows Partnership including developing strong relationships to continue to expand our vision.
• Engage, recruit and place new business partners within schools,
• Create strategic partnerships by matching principals with appropriate private sector partners based on a number of factors including school goals and relevant expertise and resources,
• Guide partners through the process of developing strategic collaborations by assisting them with goal-setting, sharing best practices, and aiding in general troubleshooting,
• Responsible for guiding partners in measuring the results of their work together through the use of impact assessment and the gathering of quantitative data,
• Conduct regular site visits to both schools and corporate offices to provide direct support for partners and principals as well as to learn best practices that can be shared with others in the network,
• Develop marketing materials as needed to recruit new business and community partners,
• Plan events and workshops to support partners in their development and communicate successes.
Event Project Management
Manage the redesign, in cooperation with Field Operations staff, of PAI annual events/programs:
For each event they will oversee the following:
• Cultivate and sustain relationships with sponsoring organizations and volunteers,
• Recruit and train volunteers,
• Organize logistics for each event: site/date selection, onsite logistics, food & beverage, content review and creation (as needed),
• Evaluate events and provide feedback and recommendations for changes to staff,
• Coordinate with school staff on the school-level implementation and planning, student recruitment, student evaluate.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years, management experience in Education, Training and Volunteer Management
• Strong database management experience
• Ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to listen openly to what other people saying and ask appropriate questions
• Able to work on more than one project, simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Community Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time), OCCCDA
- After School Literacy and Math Instructors, 21st Century Community Learning Center
- Bi-Lingual Family Ambassador (Chinese-Mandarin), OCCCDA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.