Volunteer Instructor for Adult Learners
Posted by Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians on August 18, 2014
Become a Volunteer Instructor for Adult Learners!
Do you need student teaching and/or practicum hours?
Are you an effective and dynamic person who likes helping others?
Consider becoming a volunteer instructor!
As a Volunteer Instructor, You Will….
- Work with adults in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and/or GED classes.
- Be in a friendly, small-group setting in our easily accessible Center City office
- Work closely with experienced teachers, using curriculum materials to meet students’ individual listening, speaking, reading, math, and writing needs.
The Qualifications You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Ability to serve as an instructor for 6-9 hours a week for 10 weeks
- Strong desire to improve the English language skills of students
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- Flexibility in schedule
- Ability to meet challenges with enthusiasm
- Fluency in English
Interested in Learning More?
Call Jesse James at 215-825-7760
Ready to Apply?
Submit your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in this volunteer position to Jesse James at
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- FarmerJawn Call for Volunteers: Ongoing Opportunities in Various Locations
- Volunteer Interns, Boost Community Development Corporation
- Volunteer at Beyond Literacy to Support Local Literacy and Education
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.