Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Posted by Philadelphia Youth Football Academy on January 10, 2023
The Philadelphia Youth Football Academy organization is a talented and competitive program seeking a Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator. The purpose of the Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator is to identify and lead several annual opportunities for fundraising events throughout the year.
While each volunteer/employee with the Philadelphia Youth Football organization brings a unique set of competencies and skills to their work, we believe all employees/volunteers should:
- Be student-centered, embrace school and life, and show it through actions and interactions with youth, colleagues, and parents.
- Personify and live “football and team enrichment”.
- Consistently maintain high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially our youth – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Foster a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrate a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse program and organization.
WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR?
- Identify and plan annual fundraising opportunities (typically 3-4 events per year).
- Schedule, manage and ensure successful execution of events, including online auction.
- Ensure events are within budget, meet team objectives and appropriately represent the Retrievers organization and its brand within the Community.
- Plan events in coordination with the Board of Directors, other volunteers, and vendors
- Work with internal and external parties to initiate, plan and execute fundraising events
- Functions as team liaison with other animal organizations’ and rescues’ events (AHS, RAGOM, etc.).
- Identify grants available and write grant requests.
- Work with the Social Media team to maintain fundraising websites as needed (i.e. GiveMN Give to the Max website, GoFundMe).
- Work closely with Events and Marketing as needed
WHAT OTHER SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR A FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR?
- Self starter
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate recommendations with Board of Directors and provide regular updates
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members and within the community
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong Facebook page knowledge
To Apply: Please contact Eugene Pough at email@example.com.
Position start date: TBD by applicant’s overall onboarding process
The Philadelphia Youth Football Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a love for football atmosphere where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.
Location: Finley Recreation Center
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Write Away Digital Literacy Mentorship Program: Mentors Needed – Jan 31
- Accepting Applications: Swipe Out Hunger’s Inaugural Leadership Council
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.