Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator, Phila. Youth Football Academy
Posted by Philadelphia Youth Football Academy on May 17, 2022
About the Academy: The Philadelphia Youth Football Academy is a sports based youth development initiative designed to mentor Philadelphia youth. PYFA assist youth from low-income families in Philadelphia with strengthening their chances to graduate from high schools and obtain full-time employment, become entrepreneurs or gain admission to post-secondary institutions.
As a Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator, you will develop an extensive network of people that can help the Philadelphia Youth Football Academy grow as a nonprofit organization. You will create public and private fundraising events. Your job duties include scheduling the venues, contacting potential donors, developing advertising campaigns, and overseeing the many activities at the actual fundraising event.
Your other duties will include researching potential sponsors, writing funding proposals and sending these to potential sponsors. Our Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator will create marketing and promotional activities develop fundraising events; maintain records of sponsors. Lastly, you will organize campaigns that will lead to donations.
Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment, openness to growth, dedication, drive, flexibility, creativity, love, joy, and resilience that are central to the character of our staff. In addition they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- A genuine and strong commitment to the mission of Philadelphia Youth Football Academy.
- Experience with soliciting donors, working with the board of directors, coordinating with other executives for dates, numbers, and budgets, and writing grant proposals to solicit funding from external resources.
- Competency in designing and executing fundraising activities diverse in culture, religion, and ability.
- Proficiency in using technology to enhance the Philadelphia Youth Football Academy’s overall financial portfolio (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, websites).
- Strong interpersonal skills to relate connect with the Philadelphia and Delaware Valley communities; especially major companies and businesses.
- Completely pass a background check.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above preferred
- Three to five years of fundraising experience and some familiarity with the nonprofit section.
Physical Requirements: Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Functioning in office space – walking, sitting, standing, reaching;
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing;
Application Process: To apply for the Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator position with the Philadelphia Youth Football Academy, please submit the following documents in an email to email@example.com
- Resume or CV;
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position;
- Two references including name, title, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers Needed: Meal Delivery Drivers for MANNA
- College and Graduate Volunteer Program, CHOP
- Volunteers Needed: Relay for Life of Moorestown Regional – Jun 4
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.