volunteer financial coaches needed
Posted by Clarifi on December 5, 2016
Looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity? Become a financial coach with Clarifi! Clarifi Coach is a successful financial coaching program geared towards helping members of the community become financially secure. As a volunteer financial coach you will work with Clarifi clients who are seeking to reach personal financial goals; such as repairing credit, building an emergency savings account, and financial planning for the future.
Check out our video for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaCzff6Kug
Volunteer Financial Coach
Clients are enrolled in a Boot Camp program consisting of a series of financial workshops where they create realistic action plans with the assistance of our staff and financial planning experts. Volunteer coaches will work one-on-one with clients for six months to engage and motivate clients as they create and pursue realistic financial goals and practice new financial skills.
Volunteer financial coaches will receive comprehensive training in financial coaching which will provide the tools and skills needed to guide a client in developing and implementing an action plan to reach their financial goals and achieve financial stability. Volunteers should have a desire to learn coaching concepts and an ability to remain positive and culturally sensitive. No financial background necessary!
• Commit to 6 months in the program, volunteering a minimum of 1 hour each month.
• Work with client relating to their personal financial goals involving debt, credit and savings.
• Maintain unconditional positive regard for the client, and at all times be supportive and non-judgmental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
• Assist client in resolving current financial situations while shifting the focus to long-term proactive financial management and stability.
• Evaluate and report outcomes of the process, using prescribed reporting procedures to ensure the relationship is successful and to help identify best practices.
• Attendance at 3 mandatory events:
o Volunteer Training – This 5.5 hour training is held at Clarifi’s main office in downtown Philadelphia. Volunteers learn about Clarifi’s mission, programs, and services and receive comprehensive training in a supportive environment. Please select one of the following training dates to attend.
Monday, January 9 from 9:00 AM-2:30 PM OR
Tuesday, January 10 from 1:00 PM – 6:30 PM OR
Saturday, January 14 from 1:00 PM-6:30 PM
o Program Launch – At this event, coaches are introduced to their partner clients and spend time completing activities and getting to know one another.
Saturday, February 11 from 10 AM – 12:30 PM (Tentative).
o Graduation Ceremony (TBA) – Clients who successfully complete the six month program are honored at a Graduation Ceremony. Family and friends of the clients, along with coaches, are invited to attend and celebrate the hard work and successes of the graduates!
Interested Volunteers should contact the Coaching Program Team (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-320-1484).
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers Needed: Meal Delivery Drivers for MANNA
- College and Graduate Volunteer Program, CHOP
- Volunteers Needed: Relay for Life of Moorestown Regional – Jun 4
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.