Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, SERVE Philadelphia
Posted by SERVE Philadelphia on August 27, 2019
Serve Philadelphia is committed to reducing barriers, increasing knowledge and expanding capacity to promote active participation among Philadelphians so that everyone is empowered to create lasting positive change.
The Serve Philadelphia Volunteer Engagement Program is an initiative of the Mayor’s Office of Civic Engagement & Volunteer Service. The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will support a team in community outreach, building partnerships and supporting the creation of sustainable volunteer infrastructures in an effort to expand service opportunities throughout the City. The Volunteer Engagement Manager position reports directly to the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
In this position, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will:
- Manage the Mayor’s Volunteer Corps
- plan and execute Volunteer Appreciation events throughout the year
- Work with individual volunteers to place them at service sites
- Recruit volunteers to be part of the Mayor’s Volunteer Corps
- Send monthly emails to MVC members with volunteer opportunities and hours served
- Maintain the tracking system for MVC
- Manage social media channels for Serve Philadelphia
- Elevate service through recognition
- Engage volunteers to support the Mayor’s and City priorities and initiatives through recruitment, training and recognition of volunteers
- Support in the implementation of Mayor’s Day of Service Recognition
- Expand the program through relationships, training and innovative tactics
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 1-3 years of experience managing a team of staff members
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with community organizing or nonprofit volunteer management is preferred
- Experience with civic engagement or nonprofit volunteer management is preferred
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Clear understanding of best practices in community engagement and volunteer recruitment/retention.
- Ability to identify opportunities to strengthen existing programs, create and/or enhance implementation strategies, and work with a diverse team to implement action plans.
- Experience managing and creating communications materials
- Clear understanding of and experience in utilizing volunteerism and engagement strategies.
- Data driven approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for effective communication, remotely and in person, with direct reports, stakeholders and others.
- Strong ability to implement innovative solutions and analysis to assist in making decisions
- Action oriented; an individual not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and get into the details of the operation.
- Excellent time management skills with capacity to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects and deliver on deadline.
- Group Sales Associate, National Constitution Center
- Accounting Clerk, National Constitution Center
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.