Volunteer Compliance and Data Specialist, CHOP
Posted by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on September 20, 2022
The Volunteer Compliance and Data Specialist oversees all elements of the compliance and onboarding process and performs a critical role in a volunteer’s entry into the organization. They are responsible for navigating the prospective volunteer through a series of company, state, federal and city laws pertaining to volunteering, and working closely with our vendors to ensure successful and timely screening of candidates. The Volunteer Compliance and Data specialist acts as the primary point of contact for volunteers between the recruitment and placement phases and ensures the timely completion and accuracy of all compliance and onboarding requirements. They are also responsible for managing the Volunteer Services database and generating reports to measure Volunteer Services team performance. The Volunteer Compliance and Data Specialist is a problem solver, provides excellent customer service and possess great attention to detail.
- Ensures that all regulatory and compliance related policies, guidelines and procedures are followed. This includes education of staff in other departments and volunteers on how regulatory standards affect them.
- Manages Volunteer Services database and supports team in ensuring data integrity and security
- Works with the Director to ensure department meets QI metrics, including but not limited to volunteer and client satisfaction, retention, regulatory requirements, and compliance.
- Consults with Volunteer Services team on qualification and suitability of volunteers, and minimizes barriers to service while prioritizing safety
- Project manages the compliance and onboarding processes. Responsible for setting expectations and guiding the volunteer through these critical phases. Proactively identifies potential issues, proposes solutions and/or escalates as appropriate.
- Maintains current knowledge of company, legal and requirements related to compliance and documentation.
- Follows up with volunteers and external vendor where necessary to ensure transparency and timely updates.
- Provides excellent customer service to corporate partners, Foundation guests, and partnering departments to ensure successful and timely completion or compliance and onboarding requirements
- Strategizes with Volunteer Services team and vendors to minimize compliance and onboarding times.
- Other projects and initiatives as determined by the needs of the business.
- Vice President, Data & Innovation, Steppingstone Scholars
- Grant Writer (Contracted), Phila. Youth Basketball – Oct 3
- Community Outreach Coordinator, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Oct 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.